Contact Us Today To Start Your Design-Build
What is Design-Build?
Design-Build is a project delivery system that includes consulting, designing and construction under one contract. This method not only reduces the amount of administrative work necessary by the Owner but also provides for faster project delivery, as well as better cost and quality control.
JD&E has completed over $400 million of design/build projects in the last fifteen years and understands how to integrate the best practices of construction into the design. JD&E has an extensive background in performing value engineering and constructability reviews, while keeping a good balance between cost and quality.
Contact JD&E to learn more about the advantages of design/build construction.
Phase 1 – Consulting
● Meeting with the Client/Owner to discuss project scope.
● Identify appropriate architect for the project.
● Site meeting and documentation of existing conditions and structures at the existing
● Investigate property zoning & code restrictions (setbacks, right of ways, etc.).
● Evaluate site plan options.
● Evaluate elevation options.
● Discuss long-term plans of Organization (future growth potential).
● Discuss materials & specialties required of the project.
● Discuss HVAC and lighting needs.
Phase 2 – Design
● Create schematic floor plan options.
● Geotechnical evaluation (if required).
● Incorporate materials, equipment, and specialties to be used in the building.
● Incorporate HVAC and Lighting requirements.
● Evaluate interior elevations.
● Determine restroom plans and elevations.
● Create 3D renderings of the project.
● Provide presentation boards of materials and finishes utilized on the project.
● Establish a preliminary construction budget of the entire project.
Phase 3 – Build
● Initiate final construction drawings.
● Work with various agencies to obtain necessary permits.
● Initiate and coordinate suppliers and contractors.
● Develop a contractor and material schedule.
● Coordination of site and building utilities.
● Coordinate and compile final “as-built” drawings.
● Ensure all facets of the project are final and operating as required.